The Internal Audit
is responsible for routine and continuous internal control checks to ensure that the Institute’s operations are conducted in accordance with government policies, rules and regulations and other relevant circulars of government.
The Internal Audit is responsible for routine and continuous internal control checks to ensure that the Institute’s operations are conducted in accordance with government policies, rules and regulations and other relevant circulars of government. The internal audit also ensures that the institute obtains value for money in respect of payment for government goods and services.
It ensures goods or services procured follow due process, conform to specification without compromising quality.
Internal Audit also carries out price verification on demand for goods and services, and provides the management with strength for bargaining expenditure. The Unit also ensures that government assets are accounted for, preserved, and maintained according to standing regulations.
- Provide financial advice to the Management and other Employees
- Auditing of Financial Records/Documents of the Institute
- Carry out financial investigations for Management base on government regulations
- Investigate on request financial matters and issues that are of relative importance and concern to the management
- Conduct Prepayment audit of all transactions before any payment
- Ensure that paid vouchers were duly receipted, acknowledged and accounted for
- Eliminate likely possible loopholes in payment for goods/services; and issuance of certificate/endorsement for job done/goods supplied.
- Ensure that Institutional income and expenditures duly are documented and documented for
- Ensure that projects/supplies conform with official regulations & users’ specification
- Ensure that no fictitious payments are made
- Ensure the safeguard of all Institutional Assets
Internal Audit Staff
Mrs. Taibat A. Malomo, FCA Deputy Director/HOU (Internal Audit)
Mrs. Margaret A. Akhigbe Asst. Chief Exec. Officer (Accounts)
Mr. Kenneth Ologwu, ACA Principal Accountant
Mrs. Florence M. Okusoga Principal Executive Officer II (Accounts)
Mrs Funmilola A. Adebayo Senior Accountant
Mr. Daniel E. Egwu Senior Accountant
Miss Oluwayemisi F. Akintomide Higher Executive Officer (Accounts)
Mr. Gabriel N. Stephen Assistance Executive Officer (Accounts)
Mr. Idris O. Faniran NYSC Corp Member
Miss Adedoyin Ajibade NYSC Corp Member
Mrs James T. Usen Chief Secretarial Assistant
Mrs Joy Obi Chief Clerical Officer
NEW OFFICE SPACE
The Internal Audit Unit also want to express her deepest appreciation to The Director-General/CEO and Management for providing new office space and better face lift.