Most frequent questions and answers
- What is the mission and vision of NIMR?
Vision: To be an institution of excellence in basic, applied and operational research for the promotion of National Health and Development in Nigeria.
Mission: To conduct research into diseases of public health importance in Nigeria and develop structures for the dissemination of research findings while providing the enabling environment and facilities for health research and training in cooperation with the federal and state ministries of health and in collaboration with universities, allied institutions and organized private sector nationally and internationally. For more: Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Vision and Mission
- What is NIMR’s core mandate?
- The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research’s core mandate is to conduct research into diseases of public health importance.
- NIMR Headquarters?
- The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research is located at 6, Edmund Crescent off Murtala Mohammed way P.M.B. 2013 Yaba, Lagos Nigeria
- Does NIMR have Liaison and Outstation offices in other States?
- Yes, NIMR has Liaison offices in Abuja and Outstation offices in Maiduguri, Kainji and Asaba. https://nimr.gov.ng/contact/
- When was the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Established?
- Opening Hours
- NIMR is open Monday – Friday : 8 am – 4pm
- NIMR Official Contacts
- Telephone: +234 909 213 3886,
- Meet the Director-General of NIMR
- The Director General of NIMR is Prof. Babatunde Lawal Salako. For more information about the DG: https://nimr.gov.ng/about-us-2/meet-the-dg/
- Departmental Contacts
- NIMR staff information can be reached on the departments/units page on the website: http://www.nimr.gov.ng/
- NIMR Social Media Handles
To Lodge Complaints about NIMR Services:
- Services available in NIMR ( Tap to specific paragraphs- drop down menu)
- Taking a Virtual Tour of NIMR –https://nimr.gov.ng/nimr-virtual-tour/