Most frequent questions and answers
- What is the mission and vision of NIMR?
- What is NIMR’s core mandate?
- NIMR Headquarters?
The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research is located at 6, Edmund Crescent off Murtala Mohammed way P.M.B. 2013 Yaba, Lagos Nigeria
- Does NIMR have Liaison and Outstation offices in other States?
NIMR is open Monday – Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- NIMR Official Contacts
Telephone: +234 909 213 3886
- Meet the Director-General of NIMR
The Director General of NIMR is Prof. Babatunde Lawal Salako
- Departmental Contacts
NIMR staff information can be reached on the departments/units page on the website
- NIMR Social Media Handles
- NIMR SERVICOM (Service Compact) Unit
To Lodge Complaints about NIMR Services: https://nimr.gov.ng/servicom/
- Services available in NIMR
- Research programme
- Ongoing research activities in NIMR
- RESEARCH SCORECARD – The Nigerian Institute Of Medical Research (nimr.gov.ng)
- How does NIMR disseminate research outcome /report?:
- NIMR Partners/Collaborators
- Northwestern University, FATE Foundation, University College London, Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Novartis; the National Institutes of Health (NIH), IeDEA International, China CDC, Institute Pasture, WHO/TDR, Emory University Atlanta, AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) Plus; South Africa Medical Research Council, Ford Foundation, EDCTP, WANETAM, TETFUND, IHVN, and USAID. Other research collaborators in the year included London School of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene, MRC, the Gambia, University College London, University of Ghana, University of Tokyo, Nigerian Council of Physicians of Natural Medicine, Centre Pasteur du Cameroon, Yaoundé, Saro Lifecare Ltd., Godrej Nigeria Limited, Health, Environment and Development Foundation, Saint Louis University, Missouri, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, and New York University, Federal Medical Centre (FMC) – Lagos, CoCreation Hub (CcHub), Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries, Selenium Education and Research Centre South Africa (SERCA), NCD-GHS Consortium, and Northwestern University, USA, NCDC, AFCDC, US CDC, and the University College London.
- Request to Test Herbal Medicines
- Alternative and Complementary Medicine Unit, Biochemistry Department
- Cost of Laboratory test In NIMR
- NIMR Specialized clinics
- HIV, Hepatitis, Reproductive, Nephrology, Cardiology, TB and Outpatients Clinics
Monday- Friday, 8 am – 4 pm.
- HIV Testing / Treatment in NIMR
- Monday- Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- CD4 count and viral load test in NIMR
Monday- Friday : 8 am – 4 pm
- General / Laboratory Test Enquires https://nimr.gov.ng/contact/
- HIV Treatment Centre/Anti-Retroviral Treatment.
- NIMR ART Outpatient Clinic
Nigerian Institute of Medical Research Yaba, Lagos. No 6 Edmund Crescent off Murtala Mohammed Way Yaba, Lagos opposite Presbyterian Church Yaba. Nearest landmark’s Yaba Market Bustop & Olarewaju Estate Yaba.
Contact Phone No: +234 8033007252 – CHVG
- Where can I find Grants information? On the NIMR website
- NIMR Intra-mural Grants
- NIMR Extra-mural Grants
- How can I get a job in NIMR?
- Are there research collaboration opportunities in NIMR?
- How can I apply to undergo Undergraduate IT/ Internship Program (SIWES) Placement in NIMR?
- Apply directly to the office of the Director-General
- Are there Post-graduate Internship Placements in NIMR?
- Are there openings for NYSC in NIMR?
- Does NIMR offer volunteering opportunities?
- Can I undergo a Ph.D./Post-Ph.D./Research Bench Work in NIMR Research?
- Does NIMR trainings/ conferences attract CME/CPD credit units?
- Does NIMR accept International students for internship programs?
- Trainings in NIMR
- How can I attend NIMR Conferences? (National/International)? Through conference advert available on the website between October & November of every year.
- How can I get information about training/workshops in NIMR? On NIMR Website and Social Media platforms