Mandate [CLINICAL SCIENCE]
The CRC is mandated to conduct research into human health problems in Nigeria, with particular emphasis on;
- Communicable diseases prevalent in the country e.g. HIV/AIDS, TB
- Major non-communicable disease prevalent in the country especially sickle cell disease, Hypertension , Diabetes , Malnutrition, Malignancies etc
- Reproductive and Child health diseases
- Any other related matters as may be determined from time to time
- We also provide facilities for research in medicine in cooperation with medical schools, universities and other institutions in and outside Nigeria
- Disseminate the results of medical research through training courses, publications etc.
- Social and laboratory-based research (including control interventions) on diseases such as TB, malaria reproductive and sexual health, and HIV/AIDS as well as nutrition research.
Some of these research activities are conducted in collaboration with local and international collaborators such as APIN and Harvard PEPFAR.